Welcome ...

... to the world of 5 crazy (but gorgeous) gals. :)

First of all, let me introduce ourselves.Referring to the above picture, I'll go from left to right.

That means I'll start with Vikom. She was born on the 26th July 1983. Vikom currently lives in Jakarta, with high possibility of moving to Perth in the future (cause James, her Philippine-born-Chinese boyfriend, works and live there). She owns a glamorous garage boutique, called Dorcas. This is how she supplies us with unlimited bags and clothing to ensure that we keep being her friends *lol* (note: this is one of our running joke). [The eldest child with three siblings]

Next gal on the picture, a bit hidden towards the back, is Pina. When read quickly, her full name sounds like bina-tang (translate: animal in Indonesian) - we discovered this when we were stopped by a policeman in Bali.. *lol* Pina also lives in Jakarta, works as a real estate agent in Bekasi, a small town outside Jakarta, which means that she travels for at least 1.5 hour each way to work on daily basis, hence she possessed the truck-driver driving skill. She doesn't actually have a Friendster account (hence the Vina (N/A) on our list of Us @ Friendster) - and I kinda expect she will be the one to post least. Why? Cause her only access to Internet is through her kind boyfriend who lives close to Pina, Apin, when he's showering (or sleeping). They're so meant together, just look at how their names are linked... P-I-N-(A)-P-I-N-(A)-P-I-N-(A)-P-I-N... She was born on the 29th October 1983, which makes her the youngest amongst us. [The middle child with two siblings]

Now, let's meet the craziest of all, Ping2, born on the 13th May 1983. Don't ever mention that 13 is an unlucky number to her - cause despite her tiny-ness, she's as strong as an elephant - especially when pining Vikom down for a tickle. Ping2 now lives in Singapore, with her heavily-accented boyfriend, Endy. I'm not yet sure what she does - I'll let her explained that sometime later. [The youngest child with two siblings]

I'm next! Call me Shel. Unlike the rest of them (born and raised in Jakarta), I was born in Medan, on the 20th September 1982. Yup - the eldest and the tallest (plus - hate to admit - the widest) of us all :P I'm an IT consulting living in Melbourne, Australia. I've been here for the past 8 years and am loving every minute of it (well - almost every minute - especially the minutes I spend with my very lovely boyfriend, Shanon). Naturally, being a chatterbox, I've got a blog which I regularly update here. [Ditto to Vikom]

Last but not least, Pipi, our li'l cookie monster. Born on the 10th June 1983, she has the crazy eyes. She lives in Jakarta, used to be Vikom's neighbour (though now they still live in the same neighbourhood). She works as a student consultant - sends Jakarta kids overseas to study. The same job that brings her to visit me in Australia around this time last year. She's currently single and gorgeously available! Find out more at her mimimomo blog. [Ditto to Ping2]

Mmmm.. Why BukCur as the blog address?
Initially we wanted "bukucurhat" > buku curhat (translate: the book that you pour your heart to). But, that was taken. Tried buku-curhat, also taken! Same as buku_curhat!!! Gosh!!! So, we tried the shortened version of bukcur and it was available.

Why do we want to use buku curhat so stubbornly?
Well, because this is something that means something to all of us - yet not too cheesy (well - we think its not anyway). Means something? Yup, A while ago we started to write diaries which we circle around us and we call it buku curhat.

Oh well - I should get going now!
Until next time!

2 Comments:

  1. SFV3 said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    'Lil Cookie said...
    haha thanks for the introduction shel!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home